- Bicycles are permitted on main roads and campground areas.
- Mountain biking is allowed on all trails
- Under West Virginia law, all riders under the age of 15 years MUST wear a helmet
- Boat ramps are located at Battle Run, Salmon Run, and Long Point
- Winter boat launch access is provided at the Damsite Picnic Area and Salmon Run
- $3.00 Day Use Fee for boat launching
- Frequent boat launchers may purchase an Annual Day Use Pass at the Summersville Lake Project Office or at Battle Run Campground
- America the Beautiful - the National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Pass (along with Golden Age and Golden Access Passport Cards) may be used for a 50% discount
Camping at Summersville Lake is restricted to developed camping areas only. Shoreline and random camping is prohibited.
- Battle Run Campground
- Class A Corps operated campground
- 117 campsites (110 with 30 amp electric, 7 walk-in tent sites)
- 2 shower houses with washers and dryers
- Pets are prohibited
- Campground is open May 1 until Columbus Day
- All campsites at Battle Run are reservable from Memorial Day weekend until Labor Day. Reservations can be made by dialing 1-877-444-NRRS or on the web at www.recreation.gov
- Before Memorial Day Weekend and after Labor Day the campground is operated on a "first come first serve" basis
- Battle Run Campground in Google Maps
Mountain Lake Campground
Privately operated facility, is located at the north end of the lake near the marina in the Long Point Area
Offers cabin rentals near the lake
The State of West Virginia periodically stocks trout in the tail waters below the dam
West Virginia fishing licenses are required
West Virginia DNR fishing regulations are located at http://www.wvdnr.gov/fishing/fishing.shtm
Foot trails (Hiking) are located at:
Horseback riding is not available at Summersville Lake. The nearest location for this activity is at Babcock State Park.
Wildlife management is a shared responsibility –the Department of Natural Resources and the Corps manage the fish and wildlife programs by habitat improvement, nesting site development, and food-plot programs for the benefit of many fish and wildlife species.
Summersville Lake Marina is located at the Long Point Area. The marina number is (304) 872-1331. Additional information can be found at Summersville Lake Marina & Sarge's Dive Shop. There is a $3.00 Day Use fee for boat launching.
Picnic shelters are located at the Dam Site Picnic Area and Battle Run Beach.
Shelters are available on a first come - first served basis EXCEPT WHEN RESERVED IN ADVANCE (a fee is required for reserving a shelter).
Picnic shelters may be reserved by calling toll free 1-877-444-6777 or on the Internet at Recreation.gov.
Shelters reservations can be made a year in advance.
There are also picnic tables at all recreation areas on the Summersville Lake project.
A 1,000' swimming beach is located in the Battle Run Area.
Lifeguards are not provided. Swim at your own risk
Pets and alcohol prohibited at the beach
$1.00 per person, not to exceed $4.00 per car (up to 8 people) for Adults and children over 12
Swimming is prohibited on boat ramps
Cliff diving/jumping is prohibited.