Huntington District Leadership Development Program Level II Graduation

USACE
Published Sept. 20, 2022
Huntington District Leadership Development Program Level II Graduation

The Huntington District celebrated the graduation of this year’s Leadership Development Program, Level II. The ceremony marked the completion of a year’s work that serves to develop future leaders in the district. This year’s class also included a member from one of our partners, the Muskingum Watershed Conservancy District.

The Huntington District celebrated the graduation of this year’s Leadership Development Program, Level II. The ceremony marked the completion of a year’s work that serves to develop future leaders in the district. This year’s class also included a member from one of our partners, the Muskingum Watershed Conservancy District.

Our graduates include: Lisa Gatens, Project Manager , Project Management; Patrick Deweese, Supervisory Electrical Engineer ,Engineering, Electrical/Mech; Noah Morgan, Civil Engineer, Engineering, Civil Design; Blake Chadwick, Civil Engineer ,Operations; Aaron Rogers, Maintenance Mechanic, Operations, Muskingum; Robert Hawk, Supervisory Facilities Operations Specialist, Operations, Mohawk; Andrea Skean, Contracting Specialist, Contracting; Ryan Persinger, Lead Realty Specialist, Real Estate, Christy Stefanides, Biologist, Planning; Michelle Brown, Biologist, Planning; and, Doug Little, Deputy Chief, Reservoir Maintenance/Infrastructure, MWCD.

The Huntington District seeks to improve and develop leadership skills for existing and potential leaders. The District’s Leadership Development Program (Level II) is a part of our commitment to establish ourselves as a learning organization.

Up to twelve participants are selected annually to participate in the Level II program. All full-time employees are eligible to apply but course material is geared towards GS-9/11/12 and Wage Grade equivalent level employees. Full-time means normal work schedule is 40 hours per week. Seasonal employees are not eligible to apply due to being placed in a non-pay status during a portion of the program.

Approximately 80 percent of the program is administered by a private contractor, while the other 20 percent is conducted by the district. Sessions incorporate a combination of virtual and face-to-face meetings.

The course is designed as a work/learn program and requires participants to continue to perform their present duties while being actively involved in a wide range of activities. Activities include a kickoff event, formal training, regular monthly meetings that include district sessions and contractor sessions, site visits to outside organizations, monthly reading assignments, and web-based interaction. These activities are designed to increase self-awareness; build leadership knowledge, skills and abilities; and provide a broader prospective of leadership and management in the Corps and private industry.

All participants are also required to participate in the District’s formal mentoring program. There are also Leadership Development Program Levels I and III, see your training coordinator for further details.